2 ½ baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth/stock
1 1/2 cup cashews1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried majoram
1-2 tbsp truffle oil
1. Place cashews in a bowl of water and leave to soak overnight or at least 4 hours.
After cashews are soaked:
2. In a large pot, sauté the mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes, until onions are translucent. (Sprinkle mushrooms with salt)
3. Reduce heat to medium low and add 2 cups of the vegetable broth and dried herbs. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse cashews and add them to a blender with half a cup of water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
5. Add the simmered mushroom combination to the cashew cream in the blender. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
6. Add in a cup of vegetable broth (or water if the soup is salty to taste) to thin out the soup and the truffle oil. Blend until mixed.
7. Pour soup from blender in bowl. Serve with truffle oil drizzled and thyme sprinkled on top. Enjoy!